In this training, we discuss the meaning of generalization and how it plays a critical role in an effective ABA treatment program. Then, we cover three forms of generalization, which are setting generalization, response generalization, and response maintenance, as well as provide examples of each type. Next, we go over several methods that behavior technicians can use to promote generalization with their clients. Finally, we review data collection procedures with regard to generalization and maintenance.
Participants will be able to understand:
1) The concept of generalization
2) The different types or forms of generalization
3) The concept of maintenance
4) How to promote generalization with clients
5) How to implement various data collection procedures related to generalization and maintenance
Paraprofessionals, Professionals, Family Members