In this training, we explore the concept of motivation as it relates to discrete trial teaching. Then, we review motivating operations, as well as the two types, which are establishing operations, or EOs, and abolishing operations, or AOs. We then discuss MO guidelines to consider during treatment sessions and discuss an example MO scenario. Finally, we wrap-up this section with a brief explanation of how performance deficits and skill deficits relate to motivation.
Participants will be able to understand the following:
1) Motivation and considerations when using Discrete Trial Teaching
2) Terms such as Motivating Operations (MOs)
3) Establishing Operations (EOs) and Abolishing Operations (AOs)
4) The guidelines to follow when using a client's MO
5) The difference between performance deficits versus skill deficits
Paraprofessionals, Professionals, Family Members