In this unit, we review the definition of verbal behavior and verbal operants. Then we review six verbal operants: mand, tact, echoic, intraverbal, textual, and transcription. Next we review the controlling variables of each of the verbal operants and discuss the difference between pure and impure verbal behavior. Then we go over how to transfer stimulus control and how to teach VB for the primary verbal operants. In addition, we show how to use some data sheets to track manding and echoics, as well as review the mixed verbal behavior method.
Participants will learn:
1) The definition of verbal behavior and verbal operants
2) The difference between six verbal operants
3) How to transfer stimulus control when teaching verbal behavior
4) How to collect data when teaching mands and echoics
5) How to use the mixed verbal behavior method
Paraprofessionals, Professionals, Family Members